24/02/2018

The fight scene


The fight scene of the film so far has really been bugging me.
The shots planned out so far feels too structured and almost too limited for what I want this film to be about.
I really want the scene to feel powerful, lose and dangerous. To really use the brush technique to good use and make the most of it. 

Since the characters are already strongly influenced by 1940's artists such as Henry Moore and Barbara Hepworth, I wanted to look at more 1940's artists to inspired the fight scene. From the vivid and distorted bodies in Bacon's work to the shapes and movement of Polock's and Parker's work.

Francis Bacon - Three Studies for a Portrait of Henrietta Moraes, 1963

Polock's work

 Roberto Matta - Invasion of the Night

Cornelia Parker - Exploding Shed

I just need to make sure to loosen up the brush strokes and allow the animation to move or grow the same way it does in traditionally painted film. 






No comments:

Post a Comment