23/10/2016

Thumbnailing and my wonderful layout sheets


I've been doing a lot of thumb nailing lately for different projects and have been mainly sketching them out in my book.
Doing this I found my boxes weren't really the right sizes for 1920 x 1080 and threw portions out a bit.

So I made these wonderful A4 sheets!


They aren't perfect but so far they've made life a lot easier.
I can either draw on them in a digital format or by hand.
Especially since I've been favouring drawing out the thumbnails by hand at the moment.
I just find it a lot easier to show it to the director and get their feedback right away.
If they don't like something, they can just physically cross it out or make notes there and then. This also means I can go back and either cut out the boxes to 'edit' them or redraw them quickly again.



Note: I am pretty surprised how well I took it when some of my drawings were physically crossed out (my idea) and ditched. Even if some of them took hours to figure out and draw, it was okay. I was okay.  







No comments:

Post a Comment