07/10/2016

A pastor, middle age village, comedy series and George Hammond Steel

I've mentioned this briefly in a previous post but one of our latest projects, which I'm really enjoying, is called PICK'N MIX.
We were all given four cards at random.
One card for main character, one for setting, one for style and the last for genre.

Our job is to put all the elements together to make a possible animation.
Luckily my cards somehow fit together really well although I still find it rather hard trying to make a comedy series using George Hammond's style.
Wasn't sure if the beautiful layered style would distract from the humour of the series??

But then I did think of MirrorMask (2005) which did have an beautiful and elaborate design yet still managed to contain and even emphasis the characters witty humour.

Image result for Mirror mask

Anywho and anyhow, here is some of my developmental work so far.

As my show is set in the middle ages, I did some research on the architecture back then. I also looked at painting and drawings depicting old medieval villages.
This one is by Giovanni Antonio Canal.

A background experimental drawing of mine, trying to combine medieval architecture and Hammond's style.

Early character designs



No comments:

Post a Comment