12/04/2016

Movement and connection


A couple of weeks ago we had the opportunity to take part in our own short dance workshop, dancing and working with dance students in the university.
It made a huge difference to me to go from sketching the dance moves to physically trying them out yourself.
You suddenly have a greater understanding of how weight is transferred and can feel which parts of our body can lead other parts.
We worked with contemporary dancers and I think it was perfect as contemporary is about expressing your self and is a combination of different moves and rhythms.
Its all about freedom of expression and that, I think, is perfect for animation.


Our task from this was then to (with a dance student) choreograph and animate two people/subjects dancing together.
10 seconds minimum.


Rough choreography & animation
(Due to the fact the dance student I was paired with will no be available for a while, I was told to go ahead with it)









No comments:

Post a Comment