12/10/2016

All the portraits and all the lines!

The first drawing of the day. We were asked to just draw like we would and he would go from there.


This time I managed to get some quick sketches in my sketchbook too.
We learnt the basic portions of the human head and to observe how everything works together.



I found that I started to over think about the measurements and forgot to think about the person I was drawing.
None of the drawings above look like the real model and I was starting to get a bit frustrated.
I just wanted to draw the woman in-front of me right the first time but realized that these things need practice.
Accepting the fact that I wasn't going to get her spot on made me relax a lot more and her likeness slowly started to come out a little.


I think out of all of them this one, the last one I did, is the most like the real woman.
Still is not her but I'm really happy with the progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment