29/09/2016

Drawing with your gut, not your brain



                               I found myself becoming a lot more gentle with my lines this session.
It was very hard and at the end I was quite worn out but I felt like I learnt a lot of knew things.                            








I learnt about how it is natural, through observation of art and other people's work around us, to end up reflecting those styles in our life drawing. Especially as students.
I was told that I had been subtly drawing in a rather graphic-type of style.
Looking back at my old work I can definitely see what he means.
Men just seemed to look like generic men and the female models kind of looked like generic women.

I was told that to be a good observer you must almost let go of any influences from outside and focus on what in front of you.
Draw the model for who she or he is. 




Also draw honestly.
Don't draw what you don't see. If there is not difference in the tone then there is none.








No comments:

Post a Comment